Friday, April 19, 2013

Finally Friday!

Thank Goodness it is Finally Friday!

After a full week of work this week I am pooped! I didn't do anything too exciting this week so I am going to tell you about all of my excitement last week! Last Monday (4/8) we had our first severe thunderstorm come through Kearney. There was thunder, lightning, hail, and 70 MPH winds! The wind literally knocked down the power poles right outside the lab. So, for the rest of the week I didn't have to work! I had a nice little V-Kay!
 The poor trees out front had some branches broken :(
There were about a mile of poles down. It took NPPD five days to get them repaired!

In my down time I got a lot accomplished! Well.. not really but I'd like to think so! First on my list was to get my nails redone. 
The color I picked is pretty close to 'OPI Pamplona Purple' I wanted something colorful for spring, even though it is still freezing outside!
And... while I was getting my nails done it hailed so much that it looked like it snowed!
The next day I tried to log in some feeds at Grandma & Grandpa's house but Miracle kept eating the bags of feed samples. Silly cat, you're not a cow!
Thursday night I tried a recipe from Pinterest, Green Chile Pepper Jack Chicken Enchiladas. It turned out to be quite delicious! This is not my picture, I unfortunately didn't take a picture of mine. The recipe is from *Riches to Rags* by Dori. I would definitely recommend to others!
Saturday +Amanda Weyhrich (Chris' sister) and I went to Nails Unlimited and got pedicures. I picked another spring time color, Bubble Gum Pink (I made that name up). 

Most people already know I LOVE shopping and I also LOVE finding great deals! So my Sunday consisted of shopping with Amanda and my Grandma. We went to TJ Maxx and   Hy-Vee. I found some great stuff at even greater prices!

My first good find was some t-shirts for Chris. A couple weeks ago I got Chris some tee's just like this at the Buckle. I paid the same price as on the retail tag shown. The grey shirt  retails for $29.50, the blue for $22.50. I paid $9.99 per shirt at TJ Maxx! Can't believe that I saved so much money between the two stores!


I'm still new to this blogging thing so I'm still figuring out how to get everything how I want it so bare with me!  The next awesome thing I got was a Roxy dress, perfect for going to the lake and The Barefoot Bar. Super cute and only $24.99!
My favorite new item is this Navy & Sea Green Maxi skirt! The brand is Olive & Oak. I had never heard of this brand but I researched them and they are pretty cool! I got this awesome skirt for only $19.99! I'm pretty excited because I keep Pinning skirts that look just like this and now I have one!

Hope everyone had/ has a happy Friday!
~Chelsie

No comments:

Post a Comment