Tuesday, August 6, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Shopping Saturday!

Shopping Saturday!

Most people already know but I love shopping and finding a great deal while doing it! I love a good bargain!

After looking at house #3 (& putting in an offer), Grandma and I went to get flowers for her good friend Jean's surprise birthday party. We went to Divas Floral Shop. I have heard they do great work but I had never been in the store. We walked in and I was very impressed! They not only had gorgeous flowers but they also had a boutique are filled with adorable purses, scarfs, jewelry, and more! Of course, I forgot to take a picture of the beautiful flowers!

After Divas, we went and ordered a cake for Grandpa a birthday cake. It is a secret! We ordered the cake from K-Town Cakes. The cake that we had for my Mom's (aka Pooh Bear) 50th Birthday party was ordered from these great ladies and it was great! K-Town has recently moved into their new space in downtown Kearney. They also have very delicious cookies! 

Wonderful Pooh cake! 

So after all the running around with Grandma, Lauren and I decided to go to the thrift stores in Kearney. We explored some new places and went to our usual spots. Of course, we found some great deals and had a great time!

The first store that we went to is a new store to downtown Kearney. They previously were located by Hobby Lobby. The lady working side they have definitely seen an increase in sales since the move! The store is call "Second Stories". They have cool old furniture, trinkets, dishes, clothing, and much more! Their prices are also very reasonable! Lauren and I both found some great clothing items! She got a really sweet belt that I am jealous of!


Big Star Jeans.
Big Star Jeans.
My first awesome find were the Big Star jeans shown above. They can be found at the Buckle and retail anywhere from $98 to $150. This pair is in great condition and they fit perfectly! I bought them for $15! That is a GREAT find!


BKE shorts
My second great find was this pair of BKE denim shorts. BKE is Buckle brand products. These shorts retail between $40 to $65. I got them in perfect condition for $10! That is another GREAT deal!

Lauren also got similar deals on her clothing. We will definitely be going back to this store! I would recommend anyone in Kearney to check out this store!


We also found some great chairs to refinish at the Goodwill! That store is like our weakness! We always find great furniture to buy and repaint! This time we found two chairs priced at $3.50 each, definitely couldn't pass that deal up! Now we need an idea of how to redo them? All suggestions are welcome!

What kinda of fabric should we use? 
What color should we paint/ stain?
With those two new chairs we now have; three chairs, a coffee table, night stand, children's desk, and a noTTafarm present that we need to finish! I better get some motivation pretty soon!

~Chelsie

1 comment:

  1. Yay for noTTafarm presents! BTW - you could paint it pale yellow or Tiffany blue rather than silver (my present, that is.) Unless you've already painted it silver and then it's fine :) Heart You!

    ReplyDelete