Monday, August 5, 2013

31 Day Challenge: Finally Friday

Finally Friday

Thank goodness it is FINALLY FRIDAY! 

Just a couple of days late :)

When Friday finally came, I was ready to just relax at home for the weekend! 

I had to go to the dentist twice this week to get my gums deep cleaned. They did the left side of my mouth Monday and the right on Tuesday. They had to numb my mouth on each side so when I went back to work I sounded like I had cotton in my mouth! The worst part about the deep cleaning was the shots! But luckily I made it through just fine!

Now about the rest of my week... 

I have been living at Grandpa and Grandma's house for about six weeks now. I have (& Grandma) been looking for a pet friendly place to rent in Kearney. Unfortunately, Kearney is a very un-pet friendly community when it comes to rentals. So Grandma suggested buying a house, she now thinks that she will be keeping Kiya when I move out. Ha! I don't think so!

Who wouldn't love to see this face everyday?

Let me tell you a little about the Kearney real estate market. Right now there are only 68 houses on the market, and that is from $21,000 to $750,000. So the price range in which we have been hunting there are only maybe 8 houses. The houses in Kearney also sell VERY fast! Many of the house between $100,00 and $150,000 sell within two days. I'm not joking either! It is a crazy sellers market right not!

Grandma and I have been house hunting for a few weeks and disappointment after disappointment we are tired of looking for a house. House hunting looks like so much fun on TV but it definitely isn't that much fun! The first house we found we didn't know if we really liked it that much and after three hours of talking about it we called the Realtor to set up another showing it is was already sale pending! So, Grandma and I get on our game and weren't going to let the next one(s) get away...

The first house that we wanted, we put and offer in but they were going through bankruptcy, not something we wanted to mess with so we walked away. The second house that we put an offer in, thought that their house was worth more than it actually was so we backed off. We have another house showing tomorrow (Saturday) so hopefully this will be "THE ONE"! Keep your fingers crossed! Third time could be the charm!

House one that didn't work out.

House two that didn't work out.
House three hopeful! (sorry it's blurry!)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with house #3! And your teeth! And keeping your dog! And living with your grandparents! jeeeeeshhhh....you need a lotta luck ;)

    ReplyDelete